SOMOS CIUDADANOS DE MUNDO TRABAJANDO POR UN MUNDO MEJOR!
CHARACTER OF THE WEEK
In April our global character of the week is
recognized for being RISK TAKER.
This week, the character of the week is
A great Week starts, keep in mind...
Monday is A day,
Tuesday is B day
Thursday is D day,
and Friday E day.
GLOBAL INQUIRY UNIT DOING MORE AND BETTER WITH LESS Essential question: What can we do to make the world a better place to live? Concept: Connection - Responsible consumption and production
The global development goal is:
- To ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- What can we do to make our world a better place to live?
Inquiry Cycle STEP 1: WE OBSERVE, WONDER AND QUESTION
- What is the Earth made of?
- How is the Earth formed?
- What are most of things made of?
- How does Earth's interior work, and how does it affect the surface?
- Why are there Earthquakes?
- Why does the Earth have continents?
- How can we learn about the Earth using a map or Globe?
- How do humans depend on nature?
- Why are there some endangered animals?
- What is human impact on the environment?
STEP 2: WE INVESTIGATE AND DISCOVER
- What are the Eight Basic Elements of the Earth?
-What are the layers of the Earth?
- What are rocks?
- What types of rocks are there?
- Why are rocks non-living things?
- How do humans use minerals and rocks in our daily lives?
- Why are rocks and minerals important for?
- What are the effects of mining or oil drilling in the environment?
- What is erosion?
- How can we use a map/ a globe to learn about the Earth?
- What are cardinal points?
- What are Earth tectonic plates?
- How does the Earth age?
- What are landforms? (Rivers, mountains, hills, volcanos, lake, ocean, rainforest)
- What is the life cycle of water?
- Why is it possible to have life in planet Earth?
- What are examples of living things can we find in Earth? (Flowers, insects, birds. Humans)
- What are living thing’s needs?
- Why are there some animals endangered?
- How to protect the Earth?
- What is Earth Day?
- What are eco-friendly practices? (Three Rs)
If you have any idea, activity, book or want to come to talk to the kids about any of these topics. Just let me know, we would love to have you!!
STEP 3: WE SHARE
STEP 4: WE REFLECT
Due to the increase demand for already constrained natural resources, students will recognize the importance of changing our consumption and production patterns to avoid irreversible damage to our environment.
STEP 5: WE ACT AND CHANGE
Planting and growing our own herb garden.
Global content area vocabulary:
Cráter (crater) , rocas (rocks), polvo (dust), posición (position), movimiento (movement), redonda (round), sistema solar (solar system), luna (moon), sol (sun), tierra (Earth), planetas (planets), Mercurio (Mercury), Venus (Venus), Tierra (Earth), Marte (Mars), Júpiter (Jupiter), Saturno (Saturno), Urano (Uranus), Neptuno (Neptune), eje (axis), fases (phases), día (day), noche (night), año (year), estrella (star), luz (light), rayos (rays), posición (posición), satélite (satellite), brilla (shine) , espacio (space) rotación (rotation), translación (translation) Luna Nueva (new moon), cuarto creciente (waxing crescent moon), Luna llena (full moon), cuarto menguante (waning crescent moon) capas (layers), elementos (elements)
el más corto (shortest), el más largo (the longest), hora (hour) horario (hour hand), minutero (minute hand), minutos (minutes), media hora (half hour), manecillas (clock hand)
Fourth Quarter Expected Level: J
End of the year objective: J level
Autorauthor), ilustrador (Illustrador), Título (Title) , portada (cover), Ambiente (setting), personajes (characters), preguntas con ¿Qué? ¿Quién? ¿Dónde? ¿Cuándo? (questions with what, who, where, when) Al principio (in the beginning) En la mitad (in the middle), Al final (at the end) idea principal (main idea) Detalles (details)
Syllabes and words starting with ga, gue, gui, go, gu
ja, je, ji, jo, ju
Ca, que, qui, co, cu
za, ce, ci, zo, zu
Students are able to write narrative writing pieces using the varied vocabulary and correct punctuation.
High frequency words
Remember to practice these words is vital to understand the content area and improve your child's comprehension and communicative skills. The high frequency words for this week are:
High frequency words:
manecillas (clock hand), horario (hour hand), minutero (minute hand), hora (hour), siguiente (next), raro (weird), se siente (feel), reaccionar (react) débil (weak), conexión (connection
Check on file manager to access to it.
Important dates to remember!!
April 27th: Music performance at 1:00
April 28th: CFIE Leaves No Reader Behind Celebration
May 1st: START SENDING IN BOX TOPS / LOOSE CHANGE
May 5th: Field Day
May 5th - May 19th: EOY Benchmark Assessments for Reading (expected level J)